BARCLAYS – Twersky Law Group, a highly regarded and reputable law firm based in New York, wishes to inform investors about a significant development in the form of a class action lawsuit against Barclays PLC (“Barclays” or “the Company”) (NASDAQ: BCLYF, BCS) and certain officers of the company. This lawsuit has been filed on behalf of all individuals and entities that purchased or otherwise acquired Barclays securities July 22, 2019 through October 12, 2023 (the “Class Period”). Investors who acquired Barclays securities during this defined timeframe are strongly encouraged to participate in this case by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to file a motion for appointment of lead plaintiff is January 2, 2024.
The fundamental objective of this class action lawsuit is to recover for the benefit of investors who purchased Barclays securities during the Class Period, the losses they sustained as a consequence of the misleading statements made by Defendants in violation of the federal securities laws.
ALLEGATIONS AGAINST BARCLAYS
According to the lawsuit, defendants throughout the Class Period made materially false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that: (1) Contrary to his false public assertions, Jes Staley had a very close relationship with Jeffrey Epstein; (2) Staley was reportedly aware of Jeffrey Epsteins criminal activities and may have even sexually assaulted a victim who had previously been trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein; (3) Staleys close, personal relationship with Jeffrey Epstein, and potential criminal activity, if discovered, could bring reputational, legal, and financial harm to Barclays; (4) as a result, Barclays response to the FCAs inquiry regarding Staleys relationship with Epstein was materially false; (5) Barclays, having become aware of information contradicting its response to the FCAs inquiry, then failed to update the response so that it would be accurate, or otherwise take any meaningful action; and (6) that as a result, Defendants statements about its business, operations, and prospects, were materially false and misleading and/or lacked a reasonable basis at all times. When the true details entered the market, the lawsuit claims that investors suffered damages.
- Barclays PLC is a British multinational financial services and banking company. It was founded in London, England, by James Barclay and John Freame. Over the centuries, it has grown to become one of the leading financial institutions in the world.
- Barclays operates as a universal bank, providing a wide range of financial services. Its core business segments include Retail Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Wealth Management.
- Barclays offers various retail banking services, including personal and business banking, mortgages, and credit cards. They have a strong presence in the UK and serve millions of customers. The bank provides services to corporate clients, including financing, advisory, and investment banking services. They are active in capital markets, trading, and asset management. Barclays also offers wealth management services to high-net-worth individuals and businesses, including private banking and investment management.
- While Barclays is based in the United Kingdom, it has a significant international presence. The bank has operations in various countries around the world, with a focus on Europe, the United States, and Africa.
- Investment in Technology: Barclays has been actively investing in technology and digital banking to enhance customer experiences and streamline operations. They offer online and mobile banking services and have developed various fintech partnerships.
JOIN THIS CASE
It is important to note that a class action lawsuit has already been filed in connection with these allegations. Therefore, for those individuals who suffered financial losses in their investments in Barclays during the Class Period, there is a limited opportunity to seek appointment as a lead plaintiff. This process entails requesting the Court to designate them as the primary representative on behalf of the entire class. The deadline for submitting such a request is January 2, 2024. It is important to emphasize that while becoming a lead plaintiff can offer certain advantages, participation in the recovery process and the potential for financial compensation does not mandate serving as a lead plaintiff.
Twersky Law Group, a distinguished legal firm renowned for its attorneys expertise in handling securities fraud class actions and shareholder derivative suits, who have a long-standing track record of successfully recovering significant sums of money for investors nationwide. With an unwavering commitment to seeking justice for their clients, the firm’s attorneys are resolute in pursuing fair compensation on behalf of those affected by alleged securities law violations. As with any legal matter, it is essential to understand that this announcement constitutes attorney advertising. Past case outcomes and results achieved do not guarantee similar outcomes in this particular case.
Investors who believe they may qualify as potential class members in the class action lawsuit against Barclays are strongly encouraged to reach out directly to the firm for further information and assistance. The knowledgeable legal professionals at Twersky Law Group stand ready to provide guidance and support to investors seeking to protect their rights and pursue the recovery they deserve.